Farida K. Alimova
Position: D. Sc. Professor, Head of the Department of biochemistry
Telephone: 843 2315440
Metagenomigs of soil
- Screening of antagonist microorganisms against phytopathogens of suppressive soil.
- Bioaugmentation: methods of polluting soils bioremediation.
- Effect of anthropogenic factor on soil biological activity.
- Biological activity of soil and effect of anthropogenic factor on soil biological activity.
Metagenomics of Trichoderma (Metacontrol)
- Morphological and molecular genetic characteristic of genus Trichoderma and its applications in plant biotechnology.
- Biological and integrated methods of plant protection against phytopathogens.
- Metacontrol Proteomics
Biological control of Turf diseases
- Analysis of microorganisms contained in compost; preparing biocompost as biofertiliser and reestablishment of soil suppressivenest.
- Wastewater microorganisms and biocompost preparation from plant and poultry manure waste.
- Utilisation of Bionanotechnology methods
Kazan State University (Russia). Thesis: Biological diversity of genus Trichoderma (Fungi, Ascomycetes, Hypocreales) and its role in microbiota function and plant protection in agroecosystems of different climates and soils of Russian Federation.
Veterinary Academia of Kazan (Russia). Thesis: Role of RNA in regulation of neutral DNase activity from tumour carrier animals liver chromatin.
||Master of Science (Microbiology) |
Kazan State University Russia.
||Bachelor of Microbiology (Honours)|
Kazan State University, Russia.
|2007 - Present
|| ||Westen University of Sydney, NSW |
Project Member, Centre for Plant & Food Science.
|1991 - 2006||
||Kazan State University, Kazan, Russia |
Associate Professor, School of Microbiology.
|1982 - 1991||
||Kazan State University, Kazan, Russia|
Lecture/ Assistant Professor, School of Microbiology.
|1981 - 1982||
||Kazan State University, Kazan, Russia. |
Research Fellow, School of Microbiology.
|1976 - 1981||
||Kazan State University, Kazan, Russia|
PhD Candidate, School of Microbiology.
Courses (lecturing, practical and development):
- 1991 - Present: Ecology of microorganisms
- 1994 - Present: Agricultural Microbiology
- 1995 - Present: Soil Microbiology
- 1998 - Present: Biology of Soils
- 2005 - Present: Microbiology of Water
- 1991 - Present: Microbiological Analysis of Water, Soil and Air
- 1991 - Present: Microbiology of cow feeds, Microbiology of biopreparates
- 1991 - Present: Methods of detection of anthropogenic exposure on soil
- 1991 - Present: Methods for studying biological activity of soil
- 1991 - Present: Physical and chemical methods in biology
- 1991 - Present: Microbiological Methods
Supervisor of 16 Masters, 20 BachelorÒs and 8 PhD students
- Government Prize for biocompost development (utilising industrial and household waste) for turf, forest plants and flowers
- Study of extinct types of Trichoderma in ancient soils to re-instate in current environment using metagynomics methods
- Discovered new taxa of Trichoderma (Trichoderma Section Longibrachiatum) while studying more than 80 Trichoderma isolates selected from soil samples from XI century, soils samples obtained in the human skulls dated as VIII-VI B.C.
- Three of the abovenamed isolates are now used as bio-pesticide in industrial greenhouse environment.
- Monitoring of an anti-phytopathogen diversity present in selected suppressive soils representing a wide geographical spread.
- Habitat fragmentation influences on metacommunicty dynamics of microorganisms of soil and population of isolates Trichoderma diversity and behavior
- More than 500 Trichoderma isolates were selected and tested from modern, ancient and agroecosystem soil samples.
- Screening regulation methods of population succession of Trichoderma.
- Proof of TrichodermaÒs global role in biosphere (including increase of the azotfixation in black soils after fungi introduction, influence on respiration and enzymes activity of soil).
- TrichodermaÒs antagonist mechanism against phytopathogen of turf and seeds.
- Studies of Trichoderma and plant mechanism interaction.
- Trichoderma role study in plant community succession.
- Anti-phytopathogen enzymes compounded from Trichoderma studies.
- Proteomic response of the biological control fungus Trichoderma to growth on the cell walls of phytopathogen.
- Testing of: somatic incompatibility reaction, antagonistic activity against phytopatogens, growth stimulating activity for forage plants barley, corn, rye, wheat, potato, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, decorative cultures, pine seedlings.
- Testing of extracellular enzymes in strains of Trichoderma species.
- Genus Trichoderma research utilising bionanotechnology methods.
- Construction of bacterial micromicital society against turf diseases.
- Developing methods increasing plant stability to unfavorable factors by using nucleases.
- Developing methods of plant seeds treatment.
- Developing production technology of biopesticide ÓTrichodermineÔ and its application (10 years in the greenhouse and 5 years in various soil environments).
- New technology using waste as adsorbents for isolate Trichoderma, and influence on biological activity of soil and optimisation against phytopathogenes (Fusarium, Botrytys, Alternaria and others).
- Developing methods of selection of antagonistic fungi with high activity against plant pathogens and pests.
- Hypothesis of the biopreparation mechanism of biological effect against plant phytopathosgenes.
- Hypothesis on the role of organisms and processes as targets of anthropogenic exposure.
Total of 80 publications, including 10 published books (series "Methods in -") and 4 full format books:
- Alimova F.K. (2005) Trichoderma (Fungi, Ascomycetes, Hypocreales) taxonomy and diversity. Unippress:DAC. 360 pages.
- Alimova F.K. (2006) Use the genus Trichoderma in technology. Unippress:DAC. 268 pages.
- Alimova F.K., Bagaeva T.V., Kurenenko B.M., et all. (2000) Microbial biotechnology. Unippress:DAC. 368 pages.
- Alimova F.K., Zaripova S.K., Ilinskaya O.N., et all. (2007) Microbial biotechnology. Unippress:DAC. 451 pages.
- 21 original papers
- 33 abstracts of conference presentations
Grants and PROjects
- 5 grants from Academy of Science of Tatarstan Republic Russia, USD$200,000.
- 3 grants from Ministry of Agriculture of Tatarstan Republic, USD$100,000.
- 4 Greenhouse Office Projects, USD$50,000
Patents (4 entries)
- Habibullin R.E., Raimanov I.T., Alimova F.K., Krilova N.I.,Zaripova S.K., Oziganova G.U, Naumova R.P. Soil waste treatment from oil contamination. Patent no. L ¦97102681/13. USSR (priority 20.06.2000 RUABRU DB).
- Zacharova N.G., Alimova F.K., Kolpakov A.I., Lechinskaya I.B., Kuprianiva F.G., Muratova S.S., Gainutdiniva G.I.. Methods of plant seed treatment. - Patent no. L.¸. N1743018. - USSR (priority ò B.I. -1992, N 6.
- Ilinskaya +.N., Zacharova N.G., Alimova F.K. and all. Isolate fungi Aspergillus 316 Ö Producent of cellulase. - Patent no. L.¸. ¦1440920. - USSR (priority VBI)
- Alimova F.K., Immamutdinov F.N., Ibragimov Ya.S.. Isolate fungi Trichoderma harzianum and its application. Patent no. ¦ 2005114113/13(016203) USSR.
- Alimova F.K. Biological control of micromycetes community in vegetable seeds of Tatarstan Republic / F.K. Alimova, A.N. Fattakhova // Environ. Radioecol. Appl. Ecol., 2000, - No.6, pp.3-10.
- Alimova F.K. The microbial community in vegetable seeds // Environmental Radiology and Applied Ecology. - 2000. - No3. Ö ¦. 20 -25.
- Alimova F.K Ecology and biotechnology of biopesticide trichodermin in greenhouse soil / F.K. Alimova, A.N. Fattakhova, A.V. Talantov // Environmental Radiology and Applied Ecology. - 2000. - ¦3. - ¦.10-16.
- Alimova F. K. Application PCR for agriculture needs / F.K. Alimova, A.N. Askarova, S.N. Kiyamova. S.Yu. Selivanovskaya, A.N. Fattakhova / Fifteenth Forum for applied biotechnology Gent 24 Ö 25 Sept. 2001. Preceedings Part 11. P. 389 Ö 392.
- Alimova F.K. O¨timization of antagonistic effect of Trichoderma harzianum (g-432) using food waste / A.N. Fattakhova, G.A. Mako, N.G. Zakharova // Sindh.Univ.Res. Jour. (Sci.Ser.) Vol. 32(2):(2001) P. 10-15.
- Alimova F.K. Use of microbial parameters to assess treatment methods of municipal sewage sludge applied to grey forest soils of Tatarstan / F.K. Alimova, S.Yu. Selivanovskaya,V.Z. Latipova, S.N. Kiyamova // Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 86 (2001),N.2 P.145-153.
- F.K. Alimova. The quarantine control and the methods of disinfection of tomato and cucumber seeds in different regions of russian federation / F. K. Alimova, N. G. Zakharova, G. A. Mako, A.N. Fattakhova, A.V. Garusov // PCSIR (Pakistan Journal of scientific and industrial reseach) 2002, 45 (3). - ¦. 191-196.
- Alimova F.K. Mutagenity of heavy metals polluted soil after Trichoderma harzianum introduction / F.K. Alimova, O.B. Ivanchenko, S.Yu. Selivanovskaya // Environmental Radiology and Applied Ecology. - 2000. Ö Vol. 7 ¦3. - ¦.3-7.
- Alimova F.K. Effect of adsorbed Trichoderma harzianum (G-18) and differend of lime on biological nitrogen fixation activity in black zone soil of Republic of Tatarstan (Russia) / F.K. Alimova, G.A. Mako // Sinhd.Univ.Res.Jour.(Sci.Ser.),Vol.: 37(1) P.17-24 (2005).
- Alimova F.K. Liming effect on biological activity of leached loamy chernozem / F.K. Alimova, ¦.L. Salem, S.K. Zaripova, E.I. Lomako, A.H. Yapparov //P Yemen. Uiversity Of Aden Journal of Nautral And Applied Sciences. Ö 2005.-V.9, ¦ (2) - P.120-125.
- Selivanovskaya, S.Y.; Kiyamova, S.N.; Latypova, V.Z.; Alimova, F.K. Effect of Sewage-Sludge Metals on Microbial Communities of Gray Forest Soil. Eurasian Soil Science/Pochvovedenie. Vol. 35, no. 5, pp. p. 522. 2002.
- Selivanovskaya S.Y., Latypova V.Z.; Kiyamova S.N.; Alimova F.K. Microbial biomass and biological activity of dark gray forest soils upon application of sewage sludge Eurasian soil science Congress of the Dokuchaev Soil Science Society (DSSS) (11/07/2000) No3 2001, vol. 34, no 2, pp. 115-129 (32 ref.), pp. 201-206.
- Egorov SY, Alimova FK, Zakharova NG,. Effects of RNase from Bacillus intermedius on Growth-stimulating and Antagonistic Properties of Trichoderma harzianum- Applied biochemistry and microbiology c/c of prikladnaia biochimia and mikobiologyaÅ, 1996 Ö N.5.- P.554 -556.
- Kulikov S.N., Alimova F.K.,Zakharova N.G., Nemtsev S.V. and Varlamov V.P. Biological preparations with different mechanisms of action for protecting potato against fungal diseases Applied Biochemistry and Microbiology. 2006, P.77-83.
- Yegorov S.Y., Naumova E.S., Kozlova O.V., Alimova F.K. Influence of nodule bacteria, treated with ribonuclease on effectiveness of legume-Rhizobium Rhizobium symbiosys and alfalfa production .Agrokhimiia, 1997.N.2. P. 37 - 40.
- Yegorov S.Y., Kozlova O.V., Zakharova N.G, Alimova F.,K. Effect of RNA Bacillus intermedius on nitrogen fixing activity of Rhizobium meliloti . Agrokhimiia, 1996,N.4., P.28-31.
- Skvortsov E.V., Alimova F,K., Sosnina N.A., and Mironov V.F. Cultivation of fungus p. Trichoderma on plant raw material. Chemistry and computational simulation. Butlerov communications. 2002. Vol.2. No.7.
- Egorov S, Naumova E.S., Zakharova N.G., Alimova F.K. Influence of Bacillus intermedius RNase on production of secondary metabolites by Rhizobium meliloti, Microbiology, 1995. 64:55, 543-546.
- Mako G.A.; Alimova F.K. The Growth Kinetic of Trichoderma harzianum G-(432) in Green House Soil of Tataristan (Russia) Biotechnology 2006. V. 5 Ö 3. P.280-283.
- Egorov S.Y, Alimova FK, Zakharova NG, Leshchinskaia IB. Influence of Bacillus intermedius RNAse on growth-stimulating and antagonistic characteristics of Trichoderma harzianum. Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol. 1996 Sep-Oct;32(5):554-6.
- Alimova F.K., Zakharova N.G., Egorov S.Y., IB. The growth kinetics of Trichoderma harzianum Rifai G-432 in greenhouse soil. Mikologiya I Fitopatologiya, 1996. 30:33, 48-54, 19.
- Alimova F.K. Modern System of Trichoderma/Hypocrea. //Uchennue sapiski Kazanskogo Ynivesiteta. Ser. Boil. Ö 2005.-T. 147, Vol.2 page 28 Ö 56.
- Maksyutova, N. N. Tarchevskii, I. A. Yakovleva, V. G. Zakharova, N. G. Alimova, F. K. Fungicidal Properties of Aphroproteins. Doklady- biochemistry C/C OF Doklady- Akademiia Nauk SSSR. 1999, V. 366, N.6. P. 105-108 (826-829).